French Cancan has been in my Ravelry queue since July of last year and in my mental queue for even longer than that. I usually try to have an easy shawl going, especially when I’m working on fingering- or sport-weight projects, and the French Cancan’s mindless garter stitch and DK yarn was a good choice. The body of the shawl knits up very quickly, and the chart is easily memorized. Once I turned my attention to the border, it was completed in just a couple days.
I weighed my yarn as I knit, hoping to use up as much of it as possible. I started with 241g and knit the body until I had 103g left, approximately 42%. The pattern suggests leaving 40% for the applied lace edging, but I decided to err on the side of caution and avoid a game of yarn chicken. I still had 8g of yarn left when I completed the shawl, so I probably could have done a few more rows on the body.