Palmyre has been on and off my Ravelry queue since I first saw it a couple years ago, and I’m so pleased with how it turned out. This project went so quickly and effortlessly that I’m pretty certain it knit itself. And, as I recently mentioned, the Farm Twist was also a very nice yarn to work with.
I decided to do the bind off with a different yarn, just to give it an extra pop of color. The coral-like reddish edging matches some of the more subtle flecks of color found in the Oeste yarn, but I also briefly considered a bright green yarn and, halfway through binding off last night, it crossed my mind that the leftover Mineral from my French Cancan might look quite nice.
This shawl is most likely destined to become a gift, but I think I’ll have to knit one for myself.
A couple comments on kntting Palmyre: I often forget to weigh my yarn (as I did here), so I don’t know exactly how much I used, but I did need to break out the third hank of Oeste to finish the lace border. I was about five or six rows from the end of the chart. The only modification I made to the pattern was to knit a longer garter tab before picking up stitches, because I don’t like it when that gets too tight and causes a bump in the shawl. If I could do it all over again (and I probably will), I would experiment with slipping the outer edge of the garter tab, since that would better compliment the top edge of the shawl.